Lewis Reed: Charter Member, Gaithersburg-Washington Grove Volunteer Fire Department
Lewis Reed was a charter member and Past President (Feb.1933 – Feb 1937) of the Gaithersburg – Washington Grove Volunteer Fire Department. The newspaper article below shows the first members of the GWGVFD standing in front of a 1928 Broadway fire truck. The picture was taken in 1929 in front of old Barnett Drug Store where Diamond Drugs in Olde Towne Gaithersburg now stands. (click image to enlarge)
The Gaithersburg – Washington Grove VFD is now a Fire Museum located at 13 E. Diamond Avenue in Olde Towne Gaithersburg.
The wall plaque below displays Past Presidents and Past Chiefs of the Gaithersburg-Washington Grove Fire Department. Lewis Reed was President from Feb.1933 – Feb 1937. His name plate is 5th down on the left.